Membership Eligibility and Enrollment
- Membership is open to individuals over the age of majority in countries that legally permit participation in hotel rewards programs. Corporations, associations, groups and/or other entities are not eligible to become Members. There is no fee to become an Ayres Rewards Member.
- Members must provide valid mailing and email addresses and create a Member password at the time of enrollment. The email address provided shall serve as your Ayres Rewards Member ID. A particular email address can only be used in connection with a single Ayres Rewards Membership account ("Account").
- You will be enrolled in the Ayres Rewards Program and become a Member from the date we receive your completed enrollment form. Membership in the Ayres Rewards Program is strictly personal and may not be lent, assigned, transferred or sold. You cannot have more than one Membership. Memberships can only be used by the Member whose name is listed on the Account. You are responsible for all activity in your Account through the use of your Ayres Rewards Member ID and password by another person, whether a member of your family, household, staff or otherwise. As such, you should not give your password to any other person.
- Ayres Rewards may not be transferred between different Members' Accounts.
- Membership, including the ability to earn and redeem Ayres Rewards, is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Membership, Membership benefits and rewards are subject to availability and may be subject to change if prohibited or restricted by applicable law or regulation.
- An Account will be set up to record each Member's Ayres Rewards Point activity. The accumulation of Ayres Rewards in your Account does not entitle you to any vested rights with respect to such Ayres Rewards or any Ayres Rewards Program rewards or benefits.
- We reserve the right to monitor all Account activity. If your Account shows signs of fraud, abuse or suspicious activity, you may lose your accrued Ayres Rewards, and, as a result of this activity, we may close or freeze your Account immediately.
- If your Account does not represent the correct number of Ayres Rewards that you should have been awarded as determined by us, we reserve the right to adjust your Ayres Reward Point balance. If you have been awarded (or not awarded) Ayres Rewards in error or if you believe your Account has been the subject of any suspicious activity, please contact us immediately (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You may terminate your Ayres Rewards Membership at any time by giving us notice of cancellation through customer support (email@example.com)
We may terminate your Ayres Rewards Membership at our discretion in the event that you do not have any Account activity for a period of 18 consecutive months. Account activity means either the earning of Ayres Rewards or the redemption of Ayres Rewards for a guestroom stay. In addition, we reserve the right to terminate the Ayres Rewards Membership of any Member that we reasonably believe, in our sole discretion, (i) is using the Ayres Rewards Program in a manner that violates these Terms & Conditions, (ii) has acted in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws, ordinances or regulations, or (iii) has engaged in fraud or abuse concerning Ayres Rewards or Membership privileges and benefits.
- In the event that your Ayres Rewards Membership is terminated (whether by you or us) your Account will be closed and all Ayres Rewards in the Account will be forfeited.
If we terminate your Ayres Rewards Membership for any reason other than inactivity, you may not reapply for Membership and any Account opened in your name and Ayres Rewards earned in that Account shall be forfeited upon discovery. If your Membership is terminated by us due to Account inactivity, or if you terminate your Membership, you may reapply for Membership at a later date, but you will not recover any Ayres Rewards forfeited from your prior Membership.
- If you have conducted any fraudulent activity, we reserve the right to take any necessary legal action. In addition, you may be liable to us for monetary losses, including litigation costs and damages, and you will not be allowed to participate in the Ayres Rewards Program in the future.
Earning Ayres Rewards
- Members earn Ayres Rewards in connection with completed Stays at Ayres Hotels booked through Eligible Booking Channels and for which the Member pays an Eligible Rate, provided that (i) the Member was enrolled in the Ayres Rewards Program prior to the check-in date for such Stay, and (ii) a valid Member ID was provided or otherwise associated with the reservation prior to check-out. A "Stay" means one or more consecutive nights at the same Participating Hotel, regardless of the frequency of check-in/check-out. "Eligible Rate" means most room rates paid for hotel room nights other than the following non-eligible room rates: employee rates, friends & family rates, tour operator rates, wholesale rates, crew room rates, certain negotiated corporate and group rates, and room rates billed to a master folio or account. An "Eligible Booking Channel" is a booking made directly with Ayres Hotels.
- For each eligible Stay described in subsection (a) above, the Member will be entitled to receive 5 Ayres Rewards for each US dollar paid toward the Eligible Rate charges on the Member's individual hotel room bill ("folio"), provided, however, that a Member will not receive Ayres Rewards for any portion of a single eligible Stay in excess of 29 consecutive nights, regardless of whether or not the Member checks out and checks back in during such Stay.
- Ayres Rewards are not earned in connection with other charges or expenses incurred during your Stay, including but not limited to, taxes, resort fees, food and beverage charges, parking, business center, gift shop purchases, greens fees, phone, Internet and fax charges, dry cleaning & laundry, fitness center and spa, in-room movies and games, tips and gratuities, no-show charges, early departure and cancellation fees. Ayres Rewards will not be awarded in connection with "no show" situations in which an Ayres Rewards Member books a Stay at a Participating Hotel but does not check in, regardless of whether the Member is charged a cancellation or no-show fee in connection with such stay.
- Members may earn Ayres Rewards under subsection (b) above in connection with the Eligible Rate paid for up to two rooms during the same Stay, provided that (i) both rooms are registered in the Member's name, (ii) the Member stays in one of the rooms, and (iii) the Member personally settles all room charges at check-out. In contrast, group master billing arrangements whereby charges for multiple rooms are placed on a single master folio and billed to a corporate account are not eligible for Ayres Rewards. It is the Member's responsibility to comply with their own company policy and ethics concerning travel programs.
- If Ayres Hotels ceases ownership of a particular property, you will not earn Ayres Rewards in connection with your Stay, even if you made your reservation prior to date on which the property left the Ayres Rewards Program.
- From time to time, we may offer opportunities to earn Ayres Rewards for bonuses, promotional incentives, or other purchase opportunities. These offers may be temporary in nature and we reserve the right to modify or discontinue any such offers at any time. Such offers are void where prohibited by law.
Redeeming Ayres Rewards
- Members can redeem Ayres Rewards for stays at Participating Hotels and/or other rewards available at rewards.ayreshotels.com. Ayres Hotels is not responsible for lost or stolen Awards. Redeemed Ayres Rewards will be deducted from your Account at the time of booking. You will receive an email confirmation of your reward redemption sent to the email address associated with your Account. For security purposes, rewards will be sent to the members’ email address and/or mailing address on file.
- Once an Award (other than a free night reservation) has been issued, neither Ayres Hotels, its designated agents nor the respective vendors will take it back, exchange it, or re-credit the Member’s Account. Ayres Hotels will not be liable if any Award supplier dishonors awards, unless such dishonor is due solely to Ayres Hotels’ negligence. In such case, Ayres Hotels’ only obligation will be to re-credit the Member’s Account, and Ayres Hotels will not be liable for consequential, punitive or any other damages or costs.
- The number of Ayres Rewards required to book a stay an Ayres Hotel will vary based on time, length of stay, season, demand and other factors and are subject to change without notice. The number of Ayres Rewards Points required to book a room at an Ayres Hotel at any given time does not guarantee or imply that the same or a similar room will be available for the same number of Ayres Rewards in the future.
- The number of Ayres Rewards required to redeem a "reward," other than a hotel stay at an Ayres Hotel will vary and are subject to change without notice. The number of Ayres Rewards Points required to book "reward," at any given time does not guarantee or imply that the same or a similar "reward" will be available for the same number of Ayres Rewards Points in the future.
Members may change or cancel their reward travel bookings at any time prior to check-in, subject to the reward stay cancellation policies of the particular Ayres Hotel. Any penalties or fees imposed by the hotel for cancellation within its restricted window (typically, 72 hours prior to check-in) are the responsibility of the Ayres Rewards Member and shall be paid in the form of Ayres Rewards. Upon the cancellation of a reward travel booking, the Ayres Rewards which had been deducted from the Member's Account shall be refunded and credited back to such account (less the Ayres Rewards required to cover the hotel cancellation fee, if any).
- Ayres Rewards shall not be refunded in the event a Ayres Rewards Member does not cancel a rewards travel booking but fails to check-in (i.e., is a "no show").
In the event that the change in reward travel increases the price of the Ayres Hotel booking, the Ayres Rewards Member's account will be debited for the additional Ayres Rewards required for the changed booking.
- In the event that an Ayres Hotel is sold and no longer owned by Ayres Hotels, after you make your reward travel booking but prior to your stay, we will use reasonable efforts to have the property honor the reservation or arrange equivalent accommodations nearby or, at your option, refund the applicable number of Ayres Rewards to your Account.
- By enrolling in the Ayres Rewards Program, you consent to receiving electronic communications from us, including monthly Account balance statements, other notices regarding your Account and Member surveys. These communications are part of your relationship with us and you receive them as part of your Membership. Your Ayres Reward Point balance and Account activity can also be accessed on your Account summary available online. You will need your Ayres Rewards Member ID and password to access this portion of the Ayres Rewards Program website.
- We may also send you offers and other promotional communications from time to time, which may include promotions or offers from Ayres Hotels, provided that you have not opted out of receiving such emails. These communications may be targeted to you based on the information you have provided to us and additional data we maintain. You may change your preferences regarding receipt of such promotional communications at any time at that "my account" portion of the Ayres Rewards Program website. Again, you will need your Ayres Rewards Member ID and password to access this portion of the Ayres Rewards Program website.
- Program communications will be sent to you at the email address (or, in our sole discretion, mailing address) that you provide to us on your enrollment form or otherwise. Communications will be deemed to have been received by you 1 business day after sending to the email address provided (or, in the event we elect to mail such communication, 5 business days after sending to the mailing address provided). You are responsible for keeping your email and mailing addresses current.
- You agree that any notice, agreements, disclosure or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
Errors and Retroactive Claims
We will send a periodic Ayres Rewards balance to you as specified above. We may at any time correct the amount of Ayres Rewards shown as credited to you, without notice. If you are not properly credited for Ayres Rewards within 14 days of an eligible Stay transaction, you may claim an adjustment within 180 days of the transaction by sending an email to us explaining your request at customer support. The email must include your Ayres Rewards Member ID as well as an attached copy of the Ayres Hotel bill in question. If we improperly deny a request to credit Ayres Rewards, our liability is limited to the proper posting of Ayres Rewards to your Account.
Limitation of Liability
- We are not responsible for (i) theft or unauthorized redemption of Ayres Rewards cause by circumstances which are beyond our reasonable control or our agents; (ii) any acts or omissions of any third parties (including any Ayres Hotel); and/or (iii) any errors published in connection with the Ayres Rewards Program, including without limitation, errors relating to Ayres Hotels, pricing, Ayres Rewards Point awards and/or the crediting or debiting of Ayres Rewards from Accounts. We reserve the right to correct any errors without notice. We shall not be liable to any person for any action taken or neglected to be taken with respect to the Ayres Rewards Program, except for errors in posting Ayres Rewards to Accounts. Your sole remedy in connection with the Ayres Rewards Program shall be the crediting or re-crediting to your Account of Ayres Rewards in an amount no greater than the number of Ayres Rewards at issue. In no event shall we be responsible or liable for special, consequential, extraordinary or indirect losses or damages, including any lost profits.
- We make no warranties or representations, expressed or implied, and expressly disclaim all liability with respect to type, quality or fitness of goods or services provided through the Ayres Rewards Program.
General Terms and Conditions
- We may change these Terms & Conditions at any time without notice. Such changes may impact your ability to use the Ayres Rewards which are already in your account. Any changes to these Terms & Conditions will be posted on the Ayres Rewards website located at rewards.ayreshotels.com and will be effective immediately unless stated otherwise. Each Member is responsible for being aware of the then-current Terms & Conditions and the number of Ayres Rewards in his or her Account.
- We may terminate the Ayres Rewards Program and/or any portion thereof upon ninety (90) days prior notice to Members. Members may not earn or redeem Ayres Rewards after the termination of the Program. Any Ayres Rewards remaining in a Member's Account as of the date of termination shall be forfeited without any obligation or liability. We may terminate the Ayres Rewards Program in whole or in part, in any jurisdiction(s) on less than six months' notice if required to do so by applicable law.
- Ayres Rewards have no cash value, are not redeemable for cash, and cannot be considered the property of the Member.
- Notwithstanding these Terms & Conditions, we may run promotions from time to time that provide enhanced benefits to select Members.
- All Membership benefits, including the ability to redeem points for stays & other rewards at Ayres Hotels, are subject to availability. Members may not rely upon the continued participation of any Ayres Hotel or the continued availability of any particular redemption opportunity.
- We make no warranties or representations, either expressed or implied, and expressly disclaim all liability (including consequential damages) with respect to type, quality or fitness of goods or services provided through the Ayres Rewards Program. If an Ayres Hotel improperly denies an Ayres Rewards Member a benefit, our liability with respect thereto shall be limited to the equivalent value of that benefit as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Membership in the Ayres Rewards Program, and the earning and redeeming of Ayres Rewards are subject to all applicable local laws and regulations. Membership, including the opportunity to earn and redeem Ayres Rewards, is offered in good faith but may not be available if prohibited or restricted by applicable law or regulation. In the event that any portion of these Terms & Conditions is held to be unlawful or unenforceable, such portion will be deemed deleted from these Terms & Conditions in the applicable jurisdiction and the remaining provisions will remain in force, subject to subsections (a) and (b) above. All disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Ayres Rewards Program, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be subject to Section 9 above.
- Our waiver of any breach of these Terms & Conditions by you shall not constitute a waiver of any other prior or subsequent breach of this Agreement. Our failure to insist upon strict compliance with these Terms & Conditions by any Member, shall not be deemed a waiver of any rights or remedies that we may have against that or any other Member. If we waive any rights under this Agreement on one occasion, such waiver shall not operate as a waiver as to any other occasion.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard for conflict of laws principles.